Natively, Mac OS does not support BitLocker as it is a Microsoft product but the Trust decided to implement the system as it is a tried and tested encryption method that we use to protect confidential information following data compliance and GDPR regulations.
Your can purchase software found here that can unlock drives encrypted by this method from https://www.m3datarecovery.com/bitlocker/
Step by Step:
- Download, install and launch M3 BitLocker Loader for Mac on Mac computer.
- Connect BitLocker encrypted drive (USB drive, flash drive, SD card, memory cad, USB stick, thumb drive, external hard drive, etc.) to the Mac computer.
- Enter the password (or recovery key).
- Click Unlock to open BitLocker encrypted drive and then read/write BitLocker encrypted drive in MacOS.
- After reading/writing to the BitLocker encrypted drive, please click Lock in M3 BitLocker Loader for Mac to lock BitLocker encrypted drive.
- Click Eject in M3 BitLocker Loader for Mac to safely eject it from Mac computer, please don't directly unplug BitLocker encrypted drive from your Mac as this can cause corruption and/or loss of data from your USB device.
It is important to eject the external storage device correctly via the method given above.